Is that what your web site is saying to 1000’s of potential customers?
It can be difficult to get new customers to your site, it may have taken many hours of search engine optimisation, online marketing and paid per click adwords to get the new customer to your site. So why hide your telephone number? It is impossible for your web site to contain all the information on an item or service. People will always want more details or maybe they just want to be reassured you’re a relatable business before making a payment online. By not displaying a contact number clearly (or not at all) is just like going into a shop in the high street with no staff.
Get a friend to look at your web site and ask them to find your telephone number and contact details. If it takes them longer than 20 seconds then it’s time for a web update.
So what else can you do to improve your customer services?
- Display contact information clearly on all pages of your web site.
- Reply to emails as soon as possible (and make sure your contact details are in the email signature too).
- Get feedback from customers, this can be a quick phone call or an online survey.
- Reward repeat customers with offers or vouchers.
- Review previous problems and issues and look how to prevent this in the future.
- Treat each customer, as you would like to be treated
- Ship their orders quickly and on time
- Make it easy for customer to return items
These are some simple, low cost steps you can implement to improve your customer service and build a quality and reliable web site.
Remember we like to talk to our customers so please call us and talk to our web designers in Berkshire on 0845 241 7383 with any questions, or of course you can post your thoughts and questions below.